Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Only got 4 minutes to save the world!

I rememberthat I started my mission saying that, and now I´m on the other side of this process saying the same thing. WEIRD! Alright, enough about you, lets talk about me.

Lets talkabout how this week was crazy insane, and I loved every minute of it.

Monday - wehad a rock awesome game playing cita with our investigators with the recently returned missionary and the family loved it and him.

Tuesday -we ask said recently returned missionary to do our daily contact for us because we were working in the temple all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Working in the temple was great. It was actually very quite because it was raining ALL DAY LONG.

Wednesday -we finish working at the temple and drive home in the rain- We get back about 7:30 at night and RUN to have daily contact with our investigators to find outthat one little girl fell in love with the recently returned missionary....and now wants to get baptized. LOVE IT!! More details on this one. On Monday while we were teaching she was being all sorts of flirty. She was touching his ears/hair, commenting on his eyes. He was beet red and I was trying to compose myself. Finally, it wasn´t happening to me. Poor guy, I do feel bad for him.Oh, did I mention that this little girl, Milagros, is 8? Anyways, point is, now she wants to get baptized and we call Pte Gulbrandsen and he gives us permission! Even though she´s never been to church. At least we have been teaching her. I promise Kind of. She likes to run a round, she has a lot of energy. Beside the point.

Thursday –we go to the church to do our planning and to clean the baptismal Font. Which takes, forever. Then we go tromping out in the POURING RAIN to find the family for their interviews. We swim back to church (okay, a member picked up most ofthem and Hna Lobos and I walked/swam) to find out zone leaders waiting to do the inverviews. Perfect. While we are there we have them try on their baptismal clothes and they are running around like crazy super happy. Ayelen comes out of the interview and shouts “I´m getting baptized!” Well, lookie there. I´m glad you are happy about that. Then they start running around in the baptismal Font I had JUST cleaned. And it got dirty again. But it was an easy fix so that´sokay. A Little dirt never kills anyone.

Friday –Everyone is calling us. Are we still doing the baptism? Are your investigators getting baptized? Uh….DUH They are getting baptized! A Little bit of rain shouldn´t stop a baptism. However, sometimes here in Argentina it does stop a baptism. But that´s beside the point, it´s not stopping this baptism. Because I have a lot of faith…and we´re calling a remis. Done and done. We show up dripping wet to the baptism. But all 4 of them are there. They all get baptized. SCORE!

Saturday –we wake up and leave early in the morning to go to the temple with our baptisms. Woohoo! It´s a long ride, and we´re super squished in the back of a convey, but we get them all in and they love the temple. LOVE IT! They are so being fiel.

Sunday – we go to get them for the confirmation. We have a bit of a scare as some sex-crazed idiot tries to follow us for 7 blocks. But God has more power then Satan…and we still had credit on our phone. So we call up Hno return missionaryto walk us to church. By the time he gets to the house the creeper is gone, butwe still feel better protected because we have a priesthood holder. Yay! Preisthood holder!! And it came to pass that this weekend there were not 1, not2 but 4! Count them 4 baptisms and confirmations in the Zarate II Ward. And the crowd goes wild! Wooooaaa!! And I know that I didn´t really do anything. God is great. He gives us baptisms. Love it.

And now, I´m chilling with the Hermanas of Campana. It´s a holiday so we´re going to go do some fun stuff. I´ll talk to you later! Seek out miracles!

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment